Organisations need to know that high value business operations, such as authorising a purchase or approving access for a new security administrator, are performed by suitably authorised individuals.
Many organisations have chosen to use smart cards with PKI certificates to authorise high value transactions, as this combines strong authentication of the individual with a digitally signed audit record of the event itself. However, the same approach does not work well with the mobile smartphones and tablets that are now widely used as a convenient business device.
MyID mobile transaction signing solves this problem by providing app based high security transaction approval from a user’s mobile device.
- Easy to use iOS and Android mobile app for approving transactions
- PKI-based authorisation, providing high security and non-repudiation
- Supports PIN, fingerprint and facial match for maximum user convenience
Empower your employees to sign transactions with their mobile
With MyID Mobile Transaction Signing, organisations can enable mobile devices to be used for approving business transactions, Combining the high security of a PKI-based digitally signed authorisation with the convenience of mobile devices ensures high security can be delivered anywhere with a simple user experience.
- Easy to integrate – simple REST APIs for easy integration with any business system
- Easy to deploy – iOS and Android mobile app supporting MDM-managed and BYOD environments
- Easy to support – one system to issue PKI credentials and provide transaction signing
- Easy to use – system proactively informs users when a transaction needs approving
- Convenient – users can authorise transactions with a simple PIN, fingerprint or facial match
- High security – business transactions can be authorised with highly secure PKI credentials backed by two-factor authentication
- Audit – the system provides a digitally signed audit record of each event which can be used for non-repudiation, audit evidence and investigation
- Low-impact on end users meaning high security doesn’t get in the way of day to day business operations
MyID has extensive integration flexibility to ensure that users have the freedom to use the devices and technology they want.
- Mobile app on iOS and Android
- REST APIs for easy integration with any application
- PKI independence – leverage additional value for the PKI already deployed
HOW IT WORKS
- The Mobile app is downloaded from an app store or pushed out via MDM
- MyID is used to issue a digital identity in the form of a private key and certificate to the mobile app
- The system requiring approval passes the data it requires authorising into MyID via the REST APIs
- MyID sends a push notification to the user’s mobile device informing them they have a transaction to authorise
- The user taps the notification opening the MyID Mobile app which displays the data to be authorised
- The user either enters a PIN, places their finger on the phone fingerprint reader or uses Face ID to approve the transaction
- The app accesses the private key on the device to digitally sign the authorisation request
- The response is passed to the MyID server where the digital signature is verified against the user’s certificate
- The approved data and signed record are passed back to the system requiring approval